Sunday, May 18, 2014

Every May we desert dwellers prepare for the inevitable....................the blazing heat of the Arizona sun. For some reason I feel this year is going to be brutal. Yesterday, the temperature index reached 104! I am not ready for 104 degrees.



All day long I kept thinking about things that would be cooling. I obsessed over snow cones, iced tea and soaking my feet in a tub full of cool water and using an incredible new scrub I purchased from The Body Shop.  I was directed to try the scrub by a fantastic VLOGGER at Essiebutton  http://www.essiebutton.com/ Once again she was right on the money with The Body Shop Special Edition - Blueberry Body Scrub-Gelee.











I am not a fruity kind of gal when it comes to fragrance but this stuff is Heavenly! It is reminiscent of the great wine valleys of Sonoma, Napa, Wilamette or Yakima valleys.  I would use the term uplifting but I think intoxicating is better suiting. They use blueberry seeds and oats which makes it very gentle to use on sensitive skin.





I am frequently asked what type of lotion I use on my skin. The Body Shop Body Butters are my favorite. The desert climate is hard on skin. We tend to spend time in our pools which intensify the abuse our skin must endure. The Body Butters are rich, and hydrating never greasy. They don't lay on top of the skin. They quench it!




So if you are looking for an easy way to cool off this summer - Go soak your feet!


                                                Be Well,  Laurie
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger