Sunday, December 8, 2013

Inspiration


Inspiration


Where do you get your style inspiration? I am a self-admitted magazine-aholic. I enjoy nothing more than sitting with a cup of green tea and pursuing over my favorite magazines!
 
Today I would like to share a little inspiration I received from the November 2013 edition of HGTV Magazine. It all started with the photo featuring a beautiful geranium red chest and  a yellow chevron pillow. 
 


http://www.hgtv.com/
 


Months ago I purchased a duvet cover from Pottery Barn. It was on clearance and I received a smoking deal on it. But somehow when I got it home I could not quite get it right, until I saw the red and yellow color combination used in the magazine.  Bells rung in my head as I remembered tucked away in a closet were two beautiful red toile pillows and a red velvet quilt from years gone by.  The items no longer worked into my color scheme and I tucked them away for safe keeping.    

Initially, I wondered if it would look a little like McDonald’s. But then I put it together and realized IT WORKS! Tis the season for red. The color is warm, rich and inviting.
 
 
 






 
 

 
  
The red velvet throw is from Christmas past, and would adorn a chair in the living room for the holidays.  The script pillow is a Homegoods find that was already at home on my bed. I think the red makes it pop.
My question to you is where do you find your style inspiration?


 
Duvet set
 
Inspiration
 
Nail head trim head board is from Wayfair.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger