Wednesday, December 4, 2013

The Little Black Dress

The Little Black Dress

The holidays have arrived! Which means more opportunities to deck your halls and FA LA LA. It is that special time of year to shine! No need to stress about what to wear to your social soirees, dinners and holiday get-togethers. You have got this covered with the little black dress!

One of the best investments a woman can purchase is the LBD! I have a variety of them in my closet. I just can't help myself. You can wear them to everything, and with a quick change of shoes and accessories, you have a completely new look. No one will realize you have worn the same dress twice or thrice in a season.


In the summer, I wear this LBD as a sundress and pair it with cute sandals. For work, I add a cute polka dot blouse, sling back pumps and a flash of color with a red belt.

I found this dress at Target!
Belt - Target
Blouse - Loft (9 years ago)
Slings - DSW
Pearl bracelets - Forever 21 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is my latest favorite LBD! Chanel look chain with pearls and snakeskin look pumps
 
 
Dress- Loft (Yes 40% off sale)
Necklace - The Limited (purchased in 1988) - yes I said 1988!
Snakeskin pumps - DSW
 
 
To Change the look up I pulled on my favorite boots!
 
 
 
 
I love this cocktail dress, because it is forgiving. As my weight fluctuates, the dress does too! The dress is comfortable, and I have had the opportunity to wear it to a variety of affairs.


An easy way to switch up a LBD
 is your shoes. I think Dorthy would
 approve of my red satin shoes.
 
 
I had the opportunity to wear these shoes one New Years in New Orleans. I walked the French Quarter under the moonlight. Shoes must be beautiful but they also need to be comfortable.
 
 
 
 
Another reason I adore this dress is because of the broach. It makes the jewelry decision a breeze! Sexy chandelier earring! Enough said!
 
Dress - Macys
Earrings- Dillards
 

I wear these earring with everything from
jeans to black cocktail dresses!

Things to remember
 
Comfort - because there is no point if you are miserable in it
Style - think timeless (How long will you have this piece)
Fabrics - does it make you feel pretty
Cut - does it fit your frame
Think outside the box be creative
 
My hope is that some of my ideas inspire you to shop in your closet to pull together some great holiday ideas this season.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger