Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reprogram the Sparkle


Reprogram the sparkle

I am one of those gals that believe a little bit of sparkle makes everything better.  Keep in mind we are talking just a touch because too much of a good thing isn’t necessarily a good thing…if you know what I mean. 

Years ago I purchased a sequined tank.  I loved it when I made the purchase, I am convinced stores have magic mirrors.  Because once home it never quite looked the same. My mirror doesn't  hold the same magic. 

Yet, I held onto the tank and then I finally realized I was going about things the wrong way. I needed to reprogram my thought process. Once I stopped looking at it as a tank and visualized it as a layering piece, the lights clicked on for me.



During warmer weather, I paired the sequined tank (Express) with a crisp white blouse from Ann Taylor, and black capri dress slacks from Stein Mart.

 




















Once the weather cooled down, I added a long sleeved dress blouse, my trusty denim jacket, jeans and boots. Blouse - Chicos Outlet, Denim Jacket - Nordstrom,  Boots - Vince Camuto Outlet





Do you have an item in your closet that you are just not sure what to do with? Change ho you see the item, can you repurpose it? I would love to hear your successes stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger