Sunday, February 23, 2014

Special nooks in your home




My home is filled with great cozy nooks.  One of these days I am going to figure out how to sit down and actually relax in one of them! I adore surrounding myself with things that make me smile. Photos of loved one, and my dogs, a great saying to keep me motivated or plush throws..layers of love are what I call them.

The intimidating large wall in my family room demanded attention.  But what to do, artwork...hmm not quite right, a great cabinet or antique armoire...No money in the budget.. I decided to tackle the wall the way I tackle my life.  When something is overwhelming divide it into smaller pieces.




It started with the fantastic mirror from Target.  The round shape balances out the straight lines of the large wall. Next came the wonderful quote.  I love fonts, words of inspiration and great quotes.




Next, the sconce, vintage post card photos from a vacation in Hawaii, and the initial "S" came from an old sign.




My home is in the desert so it's only natural to have various shades of tan, but gray is the new "it" color. I decided an easy way to update tan was to add two cute gray herringbone side chairs.  They add color, interest and texture to the space.  I think they add interest to the space. (Chairs - Target) The red throw adds an important pop of color to the neutral space.




A round side table softens the lines of the chairs and provides a space for a reading lamp and photos that make me smile. The gray herringbone shade continues to layer the new "it" color, adding interest to the space and layering the love. The last finishing touch is a wine charm for whimsy. Because a space without a touch of whimsy is like a cup cake without icing.





What is your favorite space in your home, and how do you make it comfortable?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger