Saturday, May 10, 2014

Shoe Love

Every once in a while a girl has got to be naughty and splurge! I saw them in the window and heard angels singing. Initially, I ran into the boutique to see if they had a pair of shoes on clearance that I saw at another location over the weekend. They didn't have the clearance shoes but they had these!



They called my name and said, "Hello beautiful! Wouldn't I look adorable on your feet, and wouldn't I work spectacular with the black dress you are planning on wearing to the work function." By the way the shoes were not really asking me a question, they were making a statement.


I tired to resist. I looked at their sale shoes, and the silver wedges just kept talking to me.  Finally, after trying the sales shoes I asked the sales associate if she had a pair of the silver wedges in my size. In anticipation that I would lose my self control she had already pulled them for me. Not to give out my secrets but not only do they have great service at the Villages at Dana Park location but they are a little less traveled than the "mall" locations. In my book, they have a better selection and the store is not as busy.

White House Black Market  at the Villiages at Dana Park
https://www.whitehouseblackmarket.com/store/home.
 
 


I had a work function and knew these wedges would be fun to wear. I decided on a black sheath style dress. I picked it up after the holidays for $19.99 at Ann Taylor Loft.  I knew when I saw the dress we would become fast friends and their would be a million opportunities to wear it.  If you do not have a Little Black Dress (LBD) in your wardrobe it is a must!


The swiss dot fabric and key hole back cut out add interest to a simple black sheath dress. With a simple change of accessories the dress can be worn to a work event, a wedding or as a cocktail dress.






The dress fits like a glove but most of all it is comfortable. May is hot in Arizona which means it must not show sweat lines. (Sorry but it is true) You have to look cool as a cucumber. When one is acting as the hostess with the mostess for a work function you never know what you will end up doing to accommodate the event including bending, stretching, moving tables, sweating all while looking fabulous!  


 If you are starting to build a work wardrobe maybe after graduating from college or getting back into working outside of the home a smart LBD should be a staple in your wardrobe. The dress serves as the back drop.  All you need to do is change the sweater, jacket, baubles and shoes and you can transform the look in an instant.





I decided simple jewelry was the way for me to go. One pearl bracelet with two crystal brackets on either side of the pearl one. I consider nail polish an accessory. As luck would have it a friend treated me to a mani and pedi so my hands and tootsies looked beautiful! I am digging the bright coral color.






Every gal should have a "go-to" item in her wardrobe. When you are prepared it sets the intention that you will have great places to wear them.  Try it as an experiment and purchase a down-the-road item for your wardrobe. Put it out into the world!  Just wait you will be surprised when the invitation shows up, and you smile knowingly because you already have the perfect thing to wear to it!

Be Well,  Laurie




1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are gorgeous!! I must say they practically go with any out fit because the colors are neutral but yet can make any outfit adorable. Great splurge!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger