Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Girl's Weekend in Atlanta


My grandmother taught me one can shop sensibly but there are times when a splurge is warranted!  She was a wise lady, and I took her advise to heart on my Girl's Weekend Trip to Atlanta.  More to come on this subject latter.

I have to share with you packing for any trip is more of a chore for me.  What should I pack?  I fantasize about being one of those girls that packs her little weekend bag and off she goes looking polished and styled. I have one word for you WHATEVER!  I have decided the carry on diva only happens in the movies.  In real life it is about figuring out how to go from practically 90 degrees in Phoenix to the upper 50's in Atlanta. I have learned over the years packing for trips is about basic pieces and ACCESORIES!  A basic raincoat will take you anywhere, sunglasses, a cute scarf...check ....check and CHECK!

A pair of smart dress pants, and a great blazer for the plane ride are comfortable and travel well. The checked blouse is one of my favorites.  It is super soft and cozy, and the bright color is cheery.

 

Blouse - Banana Republic clearance
Jacket clearance Kohls
Dress Pants - sale Loft
Broach - gift 
 
 
  
No lie traffic is hell in this town. It always looks like
 this, but a detour into a Starbucks led us to some
 incredible southern hospitality and a tip on an outlet mall.
 
 
 
Who knew Autumn was so spectacular in Atlanta! Living in Phoenix as long as I have I completely forgot about the magic of trees. The air was so fresh and clean. It was invigorating, just wait until I get to the shopping!
 
 

 
 

 
 






 
 A chilly day featuring a raincoat, cute scarf and comfortable flats, let the shopping begin!


And shop we did!



My big splurge was on a fabulous new pair of boots. Keep in mind I did score an additional 40 percent off sale on the boots.  I love everything about them, besides being incredibly stylish they are unbelievably comfortable and they smell wonderful!



My blazer came in handy for another cute outfit.



My dear friend scored at the Vince Camuto Outlet store too! Her shoe booties are beautiful, the embossed leather makes them super sexy. 

Vince Camuto 5" inch booties. (LOVE)
 Super skinny zipper pants from Express
  I
Smart sunglasses - a girl's best friend



 
It was a successful weekend filled with laughter, wine, shopping and good old fashioned southern hospitality. Thank you Georgia!  
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger