Tuesday, November 26, 2013

The Unexpected Accessory

The Unexpected Accessory

While I am on the subject of accessories, I thought I would mention one of my favorites, and with a chill in the air it is perfect time to discuss........ the coat! Yes a coat can be an accessory. It adds dimension, color and even texture to an outfit. In the desert we do partake in wearing coats....just a little different than the rest of the country. Its chilly in the morning and evenings in the winter. I like coats that I can dress up or down. 

My favorite coat was a birthday gift from my mom years ago, but it still looks and makes me feel like a million bucks! I wear this coat with jeans, dress pants and cocktail dresses. When I pair it with a casual look it gives a hint of the unexpected. The pink lining is very chic and I feel as if I stepped out of an Audrey Hepburn movie. Check out consignment shops and Goodwill stores, because you never know when you will hit the jackpot for the perfect coat as an unexpected accessory.


Rich navy blue velvet, cut slightly
 above the knee allows me to
 go day to evening.

  





A Westie dog Swarovski pin adds a hint of
whimsy to the coat lapel. (It was a gift)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger