Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Uniform


We all have days where we stand in front of our wardrobe and say, " I don't have anything to wear!" These moments of angst cause unnecessary stress in our lives. I call these days "Uniform Days". Which simply means I am going to rely on my accessories to pull a fabulous outfit together.

I have go-to classic pieces that I rely on to create a smart looking outfit. For me it means neutral black as my canvas. Black is slenderizing, elegant, classic and don't forget a power color of mystery. I won't even begin to share with you how many pairs of black slacks, skirts and tops I own in a variety of cuts and fabrics.




I took a simple black turtle neck sweater, black tights and coveted black shoe booties and paired them with a simple A-line skirt. I chose the blue skirt to repeat the color in the jacket, but if you are wondering...yes I own the same skirt in black too.  I knew the jacket would add the drama to the look.









The jacket was a find a long time ago at TJ  Max, the retro cut reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. When I really feel Audrey I wear the jacket, and black sweater with slim ankle black slacks and ballets.



My favorite shoe booties, all business in the front and a party in the back! They make my legs look long, because they are built on a platform I can wear them to work all-day-long! I swear the North Georgia Premium Outlets are the best! 




The uniform is a great way to always look pulled together. You are a work of art so try thinking about your style as a canvas. Try starting with khaki trousers and a white blouse or t-shirt, add something as simple as a great necklace and a new lipstick.



For a  quirky twist on the uniform I start with the same canvas (black sweater, blue skirt and black tights) Then I switch out the Audrey Hepburn coat (Yes I name my clothes) for a motorcycle jacket and animal print boots.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger