Sunday, June 8, 2014

Summer is calling...get your tan on!

I love summer. It conjures up sweet memories of beach time, boating, back yard BBQ's and a great summer tan. I am always trying to figure out how to get a gorgeous glow with less sun damage. As a matter of fact, I purchased my own air-brush tanning equipment to better achieve my summer bronze. Here are a few of my 2014 summer favorite products.



Living in the desert the climate is harsh on a person's skin. There is an on-going quest to keep skin hydrated and supple. Hydration is also one key to prolonging your beautiful tan. Another important step to lovely skin.... exfoliate! I try to dry brush my skin before I jump into the shower twice a week.

Next, I am digging Honey Bronze Shimmering Dry Oil by the Body Shop. It has a great scent and moisturizing oils in it to hydrate your skin. It ads a hint of shimmer and is not greasy. Note it is not a self-tanner. To really get me into a beach mood, I like to mix it with some of their coconut oil. It adds hydration and the scent is like a mini vacation in my mind.


In between spray tanning, natural glow daily moisturizer extends  the life of my tan. It is inexpensive and does a nice job. I purchased Target's brand.  I find it works just as well as the more expensive brands.



June brings out the hot temperatures. We run anywhere from 110 - 118 degrees. It's HOT! I love to swim and be in the water. I prefer to do this in the morning. It is cooler and the rays are not as damaging. But just driving in your car can zap your skin.

I have fallen in love with Isa SunGuard by IsAgenix. It contains Zinc Oxide and Titanium Dioxide along with antioxidants and botanicals to protect the skin. I use this on my face, shoulders, chest and arms.  It gives strong protection.  For my body I love Solar Body Mosisturizer by DEVITA - Paraben Free and 100% Vegan.




What are ya waiting for summer is calling!

            Be Well,  Laurie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger