Sunday, June 1, 2014

I am on a kick with trying to stay cool this summer.  At the moment, I am sitting under my glorious ceiling fan, drinking some Chia Fresca to quench my thirst.






Thank you to Oh She Glows for the refreshing recipe!  If you are looking for some wonderful health inspired recipes you have to check out Angela's blog.
http://ohsheglows.com/2013/03/01/chia-fresca-a-natural-energy-drink/


Last night, I had some friends over to chill( pun intended). It was a lovely evening of yummy food, spirits and friendship. I wanted to serve something snappy to drink. I settled on white nectarine sangria.





There a a hundred ways to make a peachy sangria, here is my recipe.

1 chilled bottle of Sauvignon blanc - Cupcake Wines http://www.cupcakevineyards.com/product/wine/sauvignon-blanc

Lemonade (chilled) - http://www.califiafarms.com/products/lemonade/

Vanilla Vodka (a shot or a couple)

seedless grapes

nectarines

strawberries


Freeze once cup of lemonade
Add to pitcher one bottle of  white wine, one cup of lemonade, two or so shots of vanilla vodka (add to your taste) Add cut fruit and whole grapes, add frozen lemonade to the pitcher and serve.  Voila guaranteed sassafras in a glass.






 My dress is clearance JC Penny's -  nine bucks! I don't have a lot of purple in my closet and I have decided it is a fun color to wear.  Purple looks smashing on most skin tones and hair colors. Every body should have the color of royalty in their wardrobe.


Give my sangria a try, I would love to hear what you think. What are your favorite summer beverages! Keep Cool!

                                                             Be Well,  Laurie

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!! I was going to ask for the specific recipe.

    LOVE the chia idea too! I like to let them soak in vanilla (or chocolate) almond or coconut milk too, it's like a milkshake!

    Blessings, Love & Joy,
    Suzannah
    ANGEL PRESENCETM Healing Center
    www.angelpresence.net

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger